Knitting with the Monsters...

My life with two toddlers and two cats, all of whom are out to drive me nuts and destroy my knitting!

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Well here it is...
My sock. The one I made for Maddie. If it looks out of proportion it's because she's stretched the heck out of it. Her foot is so big that the heel of the sock is about an inch from the her heel. Hence the rest of it being stretched out...



And below here is the newest cast on for the Maddie socks. The other one may not fit but she loves it and wears the single lone ill fitting sock around all the time. I've not gotten far with it since the initial cast on. But it's got a picot edge that I love. Initially I was going to make the whole leg portion 1x1 rib so that you could fold over the leg and have the picot stick out, but being realisitic, I hate rib, so we'll have the picot, some 2x2, then normal stockinette for the leg etc. Hey I'm lazy.


Here are some o
f the other recent cast ons...
My t-twist - at last! It's a long slug so far and I've only gotten 5 rows up. It's 234 stitches around and that's aran weight. Ugh. But it feels and looks lovely...










A vest type thing for Jamie in the Bl
ue Sky cotton I bought. It's got cables at the top - I designed them meself, but am now at a standstill and might frog it and make it plain. Like I said. Lazy.












I can't seem to make up my mind on what to do. Ive been going thru my stash and frogging old projects that I never intend to finish. Has felt good. The one thing that I should frog but can't bring myself to do is the snuggle I was making for Jamie before he was born. It's the one from Zoe Mellor's nursery knits (one of those two). I made the two front pieces and 1/3 of the back whilst waiting for ultrasound results, when Maddie was in the hossie for pnuemonia... knitting that snuggle got me through alot of bad times. It was my catharsis during my last pregnancy. But it'll never be worn by the intended recipient, so I am thinking if I frog it then I can make something he WILL wear and it'll be that more meaningful.

Good news so far... provisional closing date of 4 August. That's only like 3 weeks. eegad. I'm excited and dreading it. More excited. the dread is mainly that it'll fall thru. Don't get me wrong I hate this apartment.

The last few weeks have been trying. Finally made it out with dh for an anniversary dinner - two months late, and 2 years since we last went out but we did it! Ate at Chutney Mary in Kings road in London and it was amazing. great meal and a little too much drink. Perfect night out. Maddie started her potty training today. It's, um, not going that well. She'll sit on the potty for 25 minutes drinking water, get up, and wee. alot. Hopefully tomorrow will bring success.

And the terms of our contract with the people who own the house says specfically that they are supposed to leave all curtains, light fixtures (unless one or two light fixtures are sentimental, like a chandelier) and the washer /dryer. And the inventory turns up today... they have either been lied to by their estate agent as to our offer (unlikely) or they're being complete and utter A**holes. Which I suspect is the case. They're trying to charge us £1050 for 8 yr old curtains and refusing to leave the tatty old stuff in the bedroom. They are nasty rude awful people and I hate them. Why do people behave like this?

Okay well that's the news. We'll survive... i hope.
nighty night...

2 Comments:

At 2:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's one very very cute sock - what's the yarn?

 
At 5:28 PM , Blogger kateandmonsters said...

The sock yarn is Lorna's Laces in Desert Flower. Got a skein of it because I so desperately wanted to make socks in pretty wool, and I wanted to see the colorway to see if I liked it for a clap-o-tee. Which I do...

But I might need MORE Desert Flower for a matching pair of adult socks so that I'll be as cool as Maddie!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home