Knitting with the Monsters...

My life with two toddlers and two cats, all of whom are out to drive me nuts and destroy my knitting!

Tuesday, March 13, 2007


One of my first successful pictures of Maddie as taken with my 4x5 camera. There are, of course, about 5 or 6 pictures out of focus, badly exposed, or just bad, but this one works (minus the weird line on the couch in the background).

Yes, yes, it's a knitting blog too...

I have stalled on the hearts sweater. I am just at the heart that I planned on doing with the hot pink Blue Sky Alpacas dyed cotton, and I've done just about the whole heart... two or three different times. And it's just not working. If this was another sweater or the other part of the sweater hadn't been as perfect, I'd just have said hell I'll just keep going. But I want it to look better than that. Of course the other problem being that the nicer the weather, the more I want to get out in our garden and do as much as I can before I'm forced by one or both kids needing my attention...

Off to Malta on Saturday. Am taking the hearts and digging sweaters and hoping for the best. 10 days of no housework, no cooking... maybe I'll get somewhere with these sweaters. And when I get back, a few days later Ling and I are off to NYC!!!!! Home of the mecca we all know as Purlsoho... I want to spend the trip knitting for memememememememe...

And if you're not lucky I might have to bore my huge HUGE audience (well I know of at least ONE person who reads...) I might post more of my favorite piccies...