Knitting with the Monsters...

My life with two toddlers and two cats, all of whom are out to drive me nuts and destroy my knitting!

Monday, September 18, 2006

No Piccies - YET...

Well it seems like it's been ages since I did that last post! Actually it has been almost a month. Whew. Well it was only this past Friday that we even got internet access. God it took forever! But we have it now and it's probably better that the last two weeks here I've been able to concentrate on what was nessacery which was alot of organising and unpacking. I'm only halfway there due to Tamsin's absence the last week, but every day I get closer. And actually the fact that I've been able to do so much on my own leaves me feeling quite proud and feeling a bit like Suuuuuper-mommmy!

On the knitting front I've done a pullover vest of my own design for Jamie which needs one edge on a sleeve and one seam down the side. I can't believe how Lazy I've been not to finish that but it is what it is. I've also nearly finished the second of two baby boleros from One Skein for my cousin and his wife who have just had two 6lb twins (ouch!). I've just finished the back for my cable shell from chicknits (my first serious attempt at something solely for moi - that I've finished half of... I've tried before and finished one sleeve...) and am going to persevere with it as it's not even summer anymore! At least it'll be a warm layer for fall (is what I'm telling myself anyways)

Kiddies are doing well. Jamie has thrush in his mouth but otherwise is fine and getting so big and is quite ready to crawl. Madam is her old indestructable self and back to more successful potty training. You have to ask her alot and put her on the potty yourself but she prefers to wee/etc in the potty and not on the floor which obviously is step one.

The funny thing about having been on my own the last week is that I get a reality check on what it's like running a house and two kiddies. They really are a double act! If Maddie's done something like throwing food/drink/wee/poo on the floor, you have milliseconds before Jamie either tries to eat it or rolls into it. The eating of course being far worse when it's not food/drink and you find yourself running down the kitchen screaming NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! so you don't have to figure out if eating poo means a trip to the ER... At least when he rolls in the water/wee/liquid Kandoo soap (where did she even GET that?) you can just take his clothing off...

Ahh well. of course having a Nanny around means I can do things like decorate. But with Maddie in school twice a week and Jamie who sleeps alot when she's not around, I figure I could probably even manage that. But who would watch the kiddies when I plan on going to Ally Pally with Ling on the Friday? That would be a tough one. Could I actually ask dh to take a day off work for that? Almost. But I'm hoping we still have Tamsin then and I won't have to wonder!

Oh, and when I find the card reader for our new camera we bought before we went on our trip, I PROMISE to not be completely boring and you'll get more pictures that you can shake a stick at!

Oh nd next time, my blog will be a little less manic...

2 Comments:

At 4:10 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice to see your back kate. drop a line when ya can k?

 
At 4:11 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey did EVERYONE move this august? jus wondering..LOL

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home