Knitting with the Monsters...

My life with two toddlers and two cats, all of whom are out to drive me nuts and destroy my knitting!

Saturday, May 06, 2006

Whaaa - hey! I have one reader!! (hello Alice;)

I am not the techie person I used to be - I have joined this lovely knitting ring and for the life of me cannot figure out how to post the button in my blog. Once upon a time I actually wrote HTML webpages by hand and would have known how to do this... now? I have NO CLUE. My poor one brain cell cannot cope:(. Anyone out there know how? Where in the world to I fit in the code, is it in the template? Ugh I hate feeling like a dork. I want my blog to have those little columns with links and stuff.

So Alice asked where I find the time with a toddler and a baby. Well truth is I steal it. Life with a baby once you have a toddler and live in a teeny tiiiiiny (800sq ft) flat in the middle of a concrete jungle is about as stressful as it gets. Especially when your husband has a busy career and you don't have much family around...

And when I say steal, I mean baby fussing... knit knit okay baby crying, put knitting down. It's why I can type (like now) with a baby on one arm. Oh and of course knit with him as well altho he's getting bigger and more interested in the funny dancing string. Who the heck needs expensive baby toys? Computer screens and yarn are what they like! I've knitted while crying in waiting rooms (long story), I've knitted in taxis, last night I knit in a pub waiting for M who didn't show up. I used to stay up an extra 10mins after I expressed when Jamie couldn't b.feed at 2am then 4am...and knit... 10mins a few times a day add up!

Basically it's for my sanity. Even if I can only manage simple stockinette or stripes at the moment. In the future I aim to get back to more complex things... really...

And of course I still mean to do piccies. but that's getting the camera, the right light... hey actually I just realised that my FIL sent us a CD of Maddie piccies from her birthday day which was spent with them. AND there's a shot of her. With the sweater on (she demanded to wear it even though it clashed with her lovely outfit (see below for piccies of Maddie and the big bird cake)) AND with the beloved big bird (though you can't see his legs - everyone knows what they look like anyways!

without further ado...



Ahhhh there it is!

And as for Maddie - where is she while I knit? Well that's another story completely. She normally naps 2-3 hrs the days she's home. And up until now, she's in nursery school 3 days a week. But we're all seriously showing signs of strain lately due to being cooped up in this stupid flat. And I've noticed she's more and more bored and unhappy the days she's here. So against my better judgement - that'st he judgement of the sane person I once was... I've decided that until we move and Tamsin comes to work for us, she'll be at nursery 5 days a week (whoo hoo more time to knit! - yeah I wish). Once I made the decision, I've since realised that it really is the right thing. Until we move. Once we have a HOUSE, things will be Different. We'll have Tamsin, who will become our nanny and general other person around to keep me sane. Or in a normal world, to take on the role that M would play if he was a normal 9-5 working man. Which he's not. And that's fine, because we get Tamsin instead.

So finally, after a very tough start and very very very tough past year, we will hopefully start to work things out. A house, some help, and a healthier family life. That's the plan at least. I'm sure it won't go as smoothly as all of that. Honestly, this is ME. nothing is Ever smooth.

Nuf said for now. really, tho, anyone know how to publish the ring button on this blog thing so I can play my part? It's not that I don't want to, honest...

Did I mention I've got a cold? And our fifth anniversary last night was ruined by my (bloody) hormones (another story for another day.) Good grief why doesn't anyone tell you it's going to be this hard? Well, why would they?

night:)

4 Comments:

At 9:07 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

you still have more than one brain cell kate as it shikes through in your writing. i swear on most days your better than a top ten author. im really glad you strted this blog up, i really miss hearing your witty stories of day to day stuff. hell, i miss having ya around period! ill be watching you here though ans sending you an email today. \
your mud bud, you know who...

 
At 9:08 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok i meant shines through, not shikes but thats my one brain cell shinin through....

 
At 2:10 PM , Blogger kateandmonsters said...

hey stac!!!

got your comments and just wanted to say thanks:)

glad to hear from you...

 
At 1:11 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
»

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home