Knitting with the Monsters...

My life with two toddlers and two cats, all of whom are out to drive me nuts and destroy my knitting!

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Just a short short post for my 0 readers (gotta feed those 0 readers!)...

Well blow me down I've discovered a 'new' way to knit seams. The Three Needle Bind Off (cast off - whatever). I decided to try it to attach the collar to this sweater my MIL knit Maddie before her hand surgery, and it worked sooooo beautifully. I knit the sleeve in the same way and it's almost what I'd call professional! The trick, it seems (ha) is to use needles slightly smaller than you knit the garment with so that they're not too bulky. I'm currently working on the side/sleeve seam. You know, the one that goes all the way from the cuff on the sleeve down the side of the sweater. The Long one. I'm at least proud that I've figured this out. You know, 10yrs on from my first cast on...

Oh and am also repairing (and reseaming) the Big Bird cardi Maddie loves so much. I had to re-knit the cuff which had disintigrated. My daughter clearly is not exactly a Dainty two year old. So the cuff had developed a hole in the middle, one seam was undoing itself, and in general the sweater was looking much worse for the wear. I'll fix that!!!

Honest, honest, I'll eventually post pictures....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home