Knitting with the Monsters...

My life with two toddlers and two cats, all of whom are out to drive me nuts and destroy my knitting!

Saturday, April 22, 2006


opps...

for the 0 people out there reading this I thought in all fairness I had to say something about my mum's visit since I was so mean about her earlier...

It Was Great.

She was relaxed and Helpful and not too Pushy! I was actually sorry when she left and wish I could see her sooner than August. She was really great with Maddie and even changed a poopy diaper on her last morning.

Why is it we always want to complain rather than brag (brag being happy complaining)? I promise more 'bragging' later. You know, when the brain cells magically regrow themselves.

As proof of above comments on Helpful Mom, here's a piccie of my 2yr old on her birthday - note my mum in the background feeding Jamie!

And if any of my 0 readers are wondering where the pictures are of Jamie, well lets just say he's NOT photogenic at this age. But will keep trying...

And the cake was made by yours truly and Supposed to be Maddie's Favorite character - Sesame Street's own Big Bird. My mom brought a cake tin and Wilton's cake decorating set all the way from the US of A and it still turned out bad. Oh well. I've got Years to practice! And she loved it and Apparently the cake was VERY good. Thanks to Nigella Lawson for her buttermilk cake recipe - domestic goddess strikes again! (not the name of the book, btw)

really, I'm going.

2 Comments:

At 8:54 AM , Blogger Sally said...

That's a really good cake.

 
At 1:26 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The knitting looks great and keep going with those socks. I could use a nice pair, maybe for my birthday :)

Love,
Your sissy

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home